VA Education Benefits - Yellow Ribbon Program
For Academic Year 2020-2021 – The Yellow Ribbon Program is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows institutions of higher learning in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition expenses that exceed the resident tuition and fees which are covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill benefit. Idaho State University (ISU) is proud to be a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon Program. ISU will fund 50% of the eligible expenses and the VA will match ISU to cover the remainder of the eligible expenses. ISUs participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program is determined annually. To be eligible you must be a Veteran or eligible dependent; been found eligible to receive Chapter 33 Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® at 100% eligibility OR Chapter 33 Post 9/11 Transfer Of Entitlement at 100% eligibility; be an undergraduate; and non-Idaho resident. Students can be less than full-time. No minimum GPA requirement. Open year round. Deadline for semester in which you are applying is mid-term of a given semester.
- General, Veteran
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you attest that you are one of the following: Chapter 33 Post 9/11 at 100% eligibility OR Chapter 33 Post 9/11 TOE at 100% eligibility?
- Do you attest that you are an Undergraduate student and currently a non-resident of Idaho?
- Do you attest that you are NOT a ToE spouse of a transferor who is on active duty?
- Do you attest that you are NOT a Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship recipient?
- Are you receivinging tuition assistance from any source other than Financial Aid (Pell Grants or Student Loans)?
- Indicate the Academic Year in which you plan to ulitilize the VA Education Benefits, Yellow Ribbon Program at ISU? Note: Academic Year begins in the Fall semester (example: Academic Year is Fall 2015-Spring 2016).
- For which Academic Year are you applying for the VA Education Benefits, Yellow Ribbon Program? Note: you must complete this application by mid-term in a given semester.
- Show 2 more