Tarp-McCurry-Phelps Spanish for Health Professions Leadership Through Service Scholarship
For Spring 2023 The Tarp-McCurry-Phelps Spanish for Health Professions Leadership Through Service Scholarship is to assist funding for undergraduates majoring in Spanish for Health Professions or students in the Graduate Certificate in Spanish for the Health Professions program. Student must be registered to participate in a service or health infrastructure development trip in a Spanish speaking region outside of the continental United States. Applicants must submit a letter explaining the goals for travel and need for funds, 1 (one) letter of recommendation required. Upon application student must identify details of pending service trip. Upon completion of trip, student must provide documentation to the Department of Global Studies and Languages for scholarship to disburse. This scholarship will not be paid until recipient returns from travel and has submitted all required documentation.
- College of Arts & Letters, Global Studies
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you registered to participate in a service trip that provides health services or health infrasturcture development in a Spanish speaking region outside of the continental United States?
- Attach a letter explaining goals for your travel and the need for funds.
- Letter of Reference: Please request one letter of reference, preferably from current/former employers, instructors or other professionals. You should notify this individual beforehand to expect an email regarding this request. *You are responsible* for ensuring references are submitted by the application deadline.
- Please identify details of pending service trip:
- 1. Date of travel
- 2. Location
- 3. Service provided