National Science Foundation Spark a Fire Transfer Student Scholarship
For Academic Year 2023-2024. The SPARK a FIRE for Transfer Student Success Scholarship (Transfer Students) is awarded to students pursuing a BS in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Chemistry. The SPARK a FIRE for Transfer Success program (https://www.isu.edu/bmbc-transfer/) provides scholarships and support to give transfer students the tools needed to thrive as science majors and in multidisciplinary science careers or graduate school. Students must be transferring to ISU at Junior class level and be enrolled full-time in one of the four qualified degree programs. Must have a 2.5 minimum GPA. Financial need is required. Must be U.S. Citizen or eligible non-Citizen. Preference will be given to students whose goal upon graduation is to work in science careers or to attend a science graduate program. (Please NOTE: Students intending to enter health professional programs such as pharmacy, medical or dental school are not eligible for this scholarship). Priority deadline is March 1, 2023.
- Up to $10,000
- College of Science and Engineering (COSE)
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you intend to work in a Science career or attend a Graduate Program in Science? (Please NOTE: Students intending to enter health professional programs such as pharmacy, medical or dental school are not eligible for this scholarship).
- Do you attest that you will be transferring into ISU and plan to finish your undergraduate degree in 2 to 2.5 years?
- Please provide a list of the undergraduate Science classes (post High School) that you have completed or currently are completing:
- What Community College are you last transferring from:
- What level of education did your mother achieve?
- What level of education did your father achieve?
- I understand that I MUST complete a current FAFSA (fafsa.gov) before the deadline to be considered for this scholarship opportunity.
- The Scholarship Committee MAY require an unofficial transcript. If this is required, a committee member will be in contact with you by ISU email or phone. Please note that you understand this and will provide the transcript (if required):
- Statement: This program is for students interested in the careers outlined and will involve a cohort of other transfer student peers working towards the same academic careers, academic rigor. Please submit an essay in regards to your academic potential. Specifically explain 1. your interests and motivations in studying Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Chemistry; 2. why you want to pursue a career graduate school in this area; and 3. explain how you will be committed to this cohort-based transfer student success program and how you plan to participate and contribute to the transfer student community. 200 to 500 words is sufficient (max of 500).
- Request ONE letter of reference from a Science Instructor who can provide insight on your academic potential, character, and motivation related to this area of study.
- Show 5 more