Iwo Jima Scholarship
For Academic Year 2023-2024. – The Iwo Jima Scholarship is awarded to a student in any class level with first preference going to a student majoring in Engineering. Second preference is given to a Nursing major, and third preference is given to a student in any major. Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Must be a descendant of a participant in the Battle of Iwo Jima; if no such candidates apply, the recipient must be a descendant of any World War II veteran. Past recipients may re-apply each year and if funding is available; eligibility requirements met, “may” be re-awarded for future years.
- IWO-Jima Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a descendant of any World War II veteran?
- Are you a descendant of a participant in the Battle of Iwo Jima?
- Are you majoring in Engineering?
- Are you majoring in Nursing?
- Provide documentation verifying you are a descendant of a participant in the Battle of Iwo Jima or World War II veteran. Examples of documentation include: notice of separation/discharge documents; awards; certificates; any military document with dates and name; newspaper clippings which have military involvement information included (births, marriages, obituaries)
- STATEMENT: Provide an essay addressing your educational aims, chosen career, plans for accomplishment, and any other information you consider to be pertinent. Be aware that strong emphasis is placed on this section of the application by the selection committee. Be as complete as possible. 200-500 words is sufficient.
- Show 1 more