AVACARE MEDICAL SCHOLARSHIP
The AvaCare Medical Scholarship recognizes those who are working to better the lives of our customers, students who are pursuing a degree in the medical field, with a prize of $1000 toward college tuition. This scholarship is awarded annually to one submission that tells about an inspiring act of kindness.
Applicants for the AvaCare Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
• - Citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card
• - High school senior or enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
• - Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• - Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, health law, etc.
• Include high school or college transcript with application
Although all students with the above criteria are welcome to apply for this scholarship, preference will be given to students with a physical disability.
800 word essay or 1.5 minutes video: Your submission should be about an act of kindness that inspired you. The act of kindness which you found inspirational does not have to relate to your decision to study health or medicine. In addition, keep in mind that this scholarship is merit-based rather than need-based; sharing your financial situation or other reasons for requiring help with schooling will not increase your chances to win this scholarship.
Deadline: December 15, 2019
Further information available at: https://avacaremedical.com/scholarship